You are invited to download the manatee pack – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images and photographs to create hands-on science activities for your students.
Children will learn the stages of the manatee life cycle and parts of a manatee, practice sequencing skills, and work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to refresh your shelf work with animals of the continents activities, learning about different types of aquatic animals and vertebrates in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Are you planning to explore aquatic animals with your students? This new freebie features amazing creatures – manatees. One cool fact! Manatee is a member of the sirenius family. It shares a common ancestor with the elephant. It means that these fascinating creatures are more closely related to the elephant than they are to other marine animals. Manatees inhabit tropical and subtropical waters of North America, South America, and Africa.
This resource contains a manatee life cycle poster, worksheet, 3-part cards, and parts of manatee printables.
Here is what’s included:
- Manatee life cycle poster
- Manatee life cycle 3 part cards
- Manatee life cycle information cards
- Manatee life cycle coloring, cutting, and pasting worksheet
- Manatee life cycle tracing strips
- Parts of a Manatee diagram
- Parts of a Manatee booklet (independent writing)
- Parts of a Manatee student activity page
- Parts of a Manatee labels
- Parts of a Manatee tracing & independent writing
- Manatee characteristics color poster
- Manatee characteristics black line poster
- Manatee characteristics mat
- Manatee characteristics color cards
- Manatee characteristics tracing & coloring student booklet
- Manatee characteristics student booklet
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
How to Use:
Parts of a manatee– Gather books on manatees for children to explore. Print posters and label cards on cardstock and laminate. Cut individual label cards.
Attach clear velcro to the poster without labels and label cards. Velco will come in especially handy if you decide to take your work outdoors. Having an additional challenge for little fingers is always welcomed when working with young children!
Present the poster – name all parts and invite the students to share their thoughts on the various functions of each part. Then read each label and invite the student to match it to the corresponding part of the manatee’s body.
Life cycle poster – print on cardstock and laminate. Present all stages of the manatee life cycle. Invite the children to retell them or tell their own story that features all the stages.
Manatee life cycle 3- part cards – Print on cardstock and laminate if you wish to preserve colors and card quality for future use. Place picture cards in a column and invite the children to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word.
Manatee life cycle line art – supply scissors, glue, and coloring pencils. Invite the student to color and cut cards and glue them into the correct sequence.
Manatee tracing and coloring worksheets – print on cardstock and laminate. Supply an erasable pen. Invite the child to trace the words and color corresponding images. Alternatively, print pages on regular printing paper and slide them into plastic pockets.
South America Continent Bundle AND OTHER RESOURCES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
This unit study of South America contains hands-on resources to teach students about unique aspects of the continent while developing their concentration, logical thinking, comprehension skills, reading and so much more.
All resources are designed to adapt to each individual student and fit your classroom needs. Students will learn about different cultural, and geographical aspects of the African continent, and the diversity of wildlife.
This list of resources is a great addition to your continent boxes and art/cultural display area. Preschool South America-themed activities are designed to develop fine motor and other important skills for young learners.
Here is what’s included:
- South America Preschool Hands-on Activities
- Natural Landmarks and Artificial Landmarks in South America | Sorting
- South America Continent Cards and Country Research B&W Booklet
- Flags of South America – 3 Part Cards and Blackline Masters
- South America Maps, Blackline Masters, Pin Flags
- Rain Forest Animals (South America) – Safari Toob 3 Part Cards – Editable
- 45 Animals Of South America – Nomenclature And Information Cards
- South America Pack
- Sloth Life Cycle and Parts of a Sloth 3 Part Cards Blackline Masters
- Poison Dart Frogs – Safari Toob 3 Part Cards – Editable
This pack is suitable for K – Grade 1 students
learning resources you might find helpful in your classroom
Animals of South America Safari Toob 3 Part Information Cards – Editable$3.00
Brazil Preschool Country Pack$5.00
Parts of a Macaw Life Cycle Types of Macaws Interesting Facts$7.00
Parts of Hummingbird Life Cycle Characteristics Types of Hummingbirds$7.00
Parts of a Flamingo Life Cycle Characteristics Types of Flamingos$7.00
Parts of a Manatee Characteristics Life Cycle$5.00
Product on saleSouth America Continent Bundle$25.00
South America Preschool Hands-on Activities$4.50
Sloth Life Cycle and Parts of a Sloth 3 Part Cards Blackline Masters$4.60
Natural Landmarks and Artificial Landmarks in South America | Sorting$2.00
South America Continent Cards and Country Research B&W Booklet$4.40
Flags of South America – 3 Part Cards and Blackline Masters$4.50
South America Maps, Blackline Masters, Pin Flags$3.00
Poison Dart Frogs – Safari Toob 3 Part Information Cards – Editable$3.00
Tropical Rainforest Biome Characteristics, Animal and Plant Adaptations$9.00
Desert Biome Characteristics Animal Plant Adaptations Information Cards$8.00
45 Animals Of South America – Nomenclature And Information Cards$7.50
South America Pack$5.00